Get to know us
SENEthiopia was registered and accorded legal personality with its registry no. 3130 by the F.D.R.E. Authority of Civil Society Organizations (ACSO) in September 2013.
Since our establishment, we have achieved a lot. In fact, our first engagement was construction of great wall for Mekelle School for the Blind followed by all-inclusive support for the school community where children and young people with disabilities are engaged in. We have implemented ‘Talking Textbooks’ program for visually impaired students and teachers that enabled them to access their school curriculum using audio textbook player. Audio textbook player is a little MP3 player that nestles nicely in your hand. The visually impaired students say;
We are a nation civil society organization working collaboratively with state and non-state actors to facilitate and promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities in Tigray through Awareness-raising and advocacy, Education and training, Employment and Livelihood, Health, Nutrition and WASH and Humanitarian Assistance and Rehabilitation Services.
We envision an inclusive society in which persons with disabilities enjoy their basic rights
- Equality and non-Discrimination – We believe in and be guided with the principles of equality and non-discrimination in our relation with internal and external environment
- Inclusion – We strive to be inclusive in our works and accessible in all of our premises, information and communication
- Respect – We respect the fundamental rights and freedoms of all persons and recognize their dignity
- Integrity – We are committed to accountability and transparency in all of our program activities and resource management
- Stewardship – We safeguard partner and community resources on behalf of those we serve